This has been an interesting week. For nearly three years I have wondered about how to reliably make GPRM based button jumps in DVD studio pro. For one reason or another they have never worked reliably and so I have avoided using them. Worse, I have advised others to avoid them, too.
This week, thanks largely to Jake Russell, we might have finally sorted out the GPRM based jumps. I created a simple project that makes use of two menus accessing the same track in DVDSP and set up several different ways to sort out which to return to after the track plays (depending on where you came from).
Every time I used a pre-script on a menu to identify it the GPRM based button jumps wouldn’t work. Actually, it was Jake that put two and two together… To cut a long story short we used a different method to identify the parent menu and not use pre-scripts.
That’s the first time it has worked reliably, so perhaps it can now be used in a real project…
For what it’s worth, the final project can be downloaded from here
Look for a file called GPRMBasedButton.zip which contains the scripts and the project file, plus a build that works.